You are not connected to the De Anza College Library network. Access to online content and services may require you to authenticate with your library. Remote Access
Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||9780415834414 0415834414 0203505875 9780203505878|
|Contents:||Section 1. Designing apps to work. 1. Putting apps to work : Defining how mobility drives additional business ; Just get started ; Creating your mobile strategy ; Plan to measure success --
2. Designing your app : Sketching your app ; Applying human interface guidelines to your work ; How to design with images ; Applying responsive design layout ; From app planning to team creation --
3. Defining your app creation team : The role of the client ; The business engagement team ; The delivery team ; The roles ; Quality management ; Changing the world --
Section 2. Building apps. 4. Creating apps with Adobe PhoneGap : Building apps with PhoneGap ; Building for iOS with Cordova ; Using Cordova to create apps for other platforms ; Leveraging PhoneGapBuild ; What PhoneGap canot do --
5. Leveraging ActionScript to build native apps : Building your first application using Flash CC ; Designing apps for the Android OS ; Controlling the use of fonts ; Working with image files in your apps ; Leveraging custom device hardware calls with ActionScript ; Using gestures in your apps ; Working with gestures ; Which way is up? Controlling orientation with the Android accelerometer ; Knowing where you are using geolocation ; Loading RSS data into Flash ; Adding permissions to your apps ; Loading web pages into the StageWebView ; Controlling the use of the microphone ; Controlling the camera ; Preparing your application for deployment into the world --
6. Developing apps with zero-code tools : TheAppBuilder.com ; GameSalad ; Appery.io ; Creating interactive books ; What you can and cannot do with zero-code tools --
7. Challenges and successes of native iOS development : Now that we have that out of the way ... ; What is native coding? ; Managing your app using Xcode ; iOS development with Objective-C: speed, speed, speed ; Native kits for rapid iOS development ; Submitting your app ; How can you make your iOS app stand out? --
8. Developing for Android : Myths and facts about Android ; Know your design elements ; Utilizing Android's simple workflow ; Setup ; Use of physical and virtual Android devices ; Development in Eclipse ; The activity life cycle ; Selecting the right code templates ; Debugging and testing ; Development with Android Studio ; Publishing ; Google Play distribution ; E-mail distribution ; Website distribution --
9. The dark horse: Windows 8 : Windows 8: phone or tablet? ; The tools you need ; Introduction to Visual Studio 2013 ; Working with Windows phone app Studio ; Internet Explorer for web apps ; Beyond the dark horse --
Section 3. Marketing your apps. 10. Publishing to app stores : Which store do you publish to? ; The value of icons ; Apple App Store ; Google Play ; Other app stores ; The Enterprise App Store ; A new store for every day ending in "y" --
11. Making money from apps : Selling apps ; App discovery ; SEO your app ; Non-metadata marketing ; Utilize your users ; Marketing is a job for a reason ; Advertising options ; Final thoughts --
12. Promoting your apps : Using apps as a new way to drive sales in your company ; Cost-effective marketing ; Cross-promoting your apps --
13. Future-proofing your apps: it's going to be a bumpy ride : How can you iterate what you just built? ; Remember your canvas ; The great talking disorder ; Think beyond today's devices ; Which device is your app right for? ; Perception is everything ; Beware of future regulation ; In the end, act first.
|Responsibility:||Matthew David, Chris Murman.|
"Because mobile apps drive sales, efficiencies, and communication between people, you understand that your business or client needs an app designed. It's important to your client's success or your business's growth. But, there are few best practices out there, and the guidelines to designing a successful app are even fewer. Designing Apps for Success is here to help, covering application lifecycle management used by designers and developers when creating successful, capable apps. From the early discussions with a client about what kind of product they're looking for, to storyboarding, cross-platform developing, troubleshooting, and publishing, Designing Apps for Success provides a taut, concise, and pragmatic roadmap. This guide shows you how to develop apps for iOS, Android, and Windows. And, for those who don't program, zero-code tools are covered as well"--
Retrieving notes about this item
- Mobile computing.
- Smartphones -- Programming.
- Application software -- Development.
- COMPUTERS / Web / Site Design.
- COMPUTERS / Web / Page Design.
- COMPUTERS / Web / Web Programming.
- COMPUTERS / Web / Page Design / bisacsh.
- COMPUTERS / Web / Site Design / bisacsh.
- COMPUTERS / Web / Web Programming / bisacsh.
- Mobile Computing.